Self-storage customers can find themselves renting a storage space for a whole host of reasons. But have you ever wondered what exactly people are using their storage unit for? If you have ever posed that question to yourself, you have just hit the jackpot by finding this blog!
You’re about to find out the answers to all the questions that have been bothering you all this time… Just who is the average user of a self-storage unit? How many self-storage sites are there in the UK? What area of the UK has the biggest demand for self-storage?
Here at Smart Storage, we’ve taken all the important stats from the latest Self Storage Association’s report and shared them in this informative infographic.
Here are some of the highlights from the survey:
- There’s a mammoth 1505 self-storage sites in the UK. Which is good news, as they’ll be one near you.
- 30% of self-storage users are in between moving properties.
- More people are reaping the benefits of storage now more than ever, with 47% of people renting a unit in the last 12 months.
- The estimated current rentable sq ft in self-storage space is 44,600,000, that’s more than the size of 580 football pitches.
- A whopping 67% of people found their storage unit through an internet search! It’s easy to find a storage unit that’s perfect for you.
Brace yourself and check out our infographic below!
If you’re in the market for self-storage, look no further than Smart Storage. We have facilities across the North-West of England, and are ready to provide you with high-quality, affordable self storage in Liverpool, self storage in Preston and self storage in Altrincham amongst others across the region.