There is no denying that business is tough right now. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, subsequent Government guidance and restrictions on mobility, we know that some businesses are wondering how they can continue at all, let alone how they can practice ‘business as usual.’
While things are different and it’s downright impossible to carry on as ‘business as usual’, it’s certainly possible to continue running your business with self-storage. Many businesses can run out of a storage unit, and this offers great advantages, like allowing you to keep your overheads low – something that’s critical right now when so many businesses are struggling.
So, how can self-storage help you to carry on with business in this environment?
We’re Open for Essential Access
In line with Government guidelines our stores remain open for essential access seven days a week, albeit with reduced opening hours.
Whether you’re running a charity, are a local contractor still taking up essential jobs or own an online shop and need space for your stock, we can help at Smart Storage. We are open every day (9am to 5pm from Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 2pm on Sunday), and although our receptions are closed, you can talk to our friendly team during these hours.
They can answer all your storage inquiries and move you in online. For existing customers, our stores are automated, so you can get access to your stock too. You just use your unique PIN number to access the storage centre and your unit in the normal way. And, if you have extended hours, this will not change. You need to enter the buildings via the loading bay areas as directed by posters displayed in each of our stores.
If you require any boxes or packaging materials, contact the store and arrangements will be made; you can pay over the phone and you order will be picked up by the staff that evening or following morning, and left for you. We’ve made special arrangements to ensure we can continue to accept deliveries on your behalf, and store them securely until you can get to store. However, we can’t sign for them.
These are strange times, but at Smart Storage we are doing the best we can to ensure minimum disruption to your business. So, if you’re got an essential requirement to come to store, we’re here to support you.
Make Use of Our Drive-Up Units
With our secured drive-up units, it’s even easier to access your inventory, machinery or tools. Simply drive up, open your unit with your unique PIN code, add or remove items, and drive away.
This is a flexible, convenient and hassle-free way to run your business, as you can access your belongings 24/7 and don’t have to worry about ‘normal working hours’. Even if it’s past 5pm, you can approach our modern and secured facilities, go to your unit and drive away when you’re done. There’s no need to interact with a member of staff, unless you want to of course. Customers can still reach our team over the phone with any queries.
What’s more, our units are clean and spacious, and the area is covered by CCTV, perfect for all of your business storage needs. From palletised goods and bulky merchandise to seasonal items and equipment, these units are designed to store anything you need. And, during opening hours, we provide our customers with a forklift service as well.
Right now, we’re asking customers to contact us in advance if they require this service so that we can make arrangements to be on site to support your delivery.
What Else Can Smart Storage Offer?
Times may be unpredictable, but we’re not. Our team aims to provide our customers with the best possible customer service and experience, and that extends to all of our stores, whether you’re looking for self-storage in Liverpool, self-storage in Preston, self-storage in the Wirral, self-storage in Warrington, self-storage in Widnes or self-storage in Altrincham.
For example, you won’t have to stress about cleaning standards; due to the coronavirus pandemic, our staff have intensified the daily cleaning routines of all stores, mainly in areas with most traffic. In addition, we have also ensured that objects that are most commonly touched, such as PIN pads and lift buttons, are regularly cleaned as well.
- You benefit from flexible, adaptable storage, so let us know what your business (or domestic storage) needs are.
- Your unique PIN code gives you access to our automated centres during opening hours or extended hours when it’s essential for you to have it
- You get self-storage space at short notice – call us for more information or to rent a unit.
- It’s easy to scale up if you’re stocking up to maintain your supply chain; it’s also easy to scale down if you’re limiting stock and cutting back – and we can do this with little or no notice, as well as no charge.
- You only need to give two weeks’ notice to move out. It’s easy to scale up if you’re stocking up to maintain your supply chain; it’s also easy to scale down if you’re limiting stock and cutting back – and we can do this with little or no notice, as well as no charge.
- Even if you’re mothballing or hibernating your business, you get value for money on your secure storage.
- You only need to give two weeks’ notice to move out.
- You can rest assured that security remains a priority, our team carry out daily store walk rounds, perform alarm checks and with remote access to our CCTV our units continue to be monitored and just as secure.
At Smart Storage, we want to help you carry on with business. We’ve had to make a few necessary changes, but we’re confident that these won’t affect your operations. You still have essential access to all of your belongings and inventory, and you can still get in touch with your store team to ask us questions, purchase merchandise or rent a unit.
You can also reach us directly on 0808 301 5452, so don’t hesitate to contact the Smart Storage team to learn more about our self-storage services.